Sunday, September 14, 2008

Waking up in the middle of the night

Hi. Me again. Sorry I've been away. I've been busy. Yesterday I went to a tournament of my fav game. Also the day before yesterday I found out my friend's mom had 2 birds needing a home. A boy down the street wanted it but the said "I don't think he will take good care of them, But I know who will." so they came to me. I now ,may or may not be keeping, two more cockatiels. The nice one is yellow like my bird luey, the other turns out to be a Lucy except, he bites 50x more harder. Right now I have the yellow one on my shoulder (he is so sweet). They look and act like they were mistreated and not given attention some time in there life. But of course, lucy took to the male just like here. That's about it for now. I'll have pics of them soon.

P.S. I woke up in the middle of the night.

10 comments:

  1. You are such a wonderful person, caring for these animals the way you do.
    Hope you were able to get back to sleep.
                                                                                        :)  Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, more pets! It's neat that everyone knows to come to you. I might have to nickname you Dr. Dolittle! Martha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are sleeping by now, Eler Beth! you are such a good compassionate person for pets and making sure they are taken care of well and loved! maybe you'll want to be a vet when you grow up!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should we call you the Bird Whisperer? ;) Good for you for taking care of these animals...sounds like you may have found your "calling."

    All my best,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did?  Is that why you were hard to wake up this morning? ;)
    I hope the birds work out well.  At least that gray one seems a bit tamer -- but not much!  You're going to have your hands full!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a good reputation in your neighborhood... you're the neighborhood vet!!  It's very nice of you to take those birds in to help them.

    So what woke you up in the middle of the night??  Was it the birds, was it a nightmare, or you just couldn't sleep??  I do that sometimes, but I can fall back asleep in five or ten minutes... LOL!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice of you to take in more birds.  Hope the grey tames down a bit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww you are well known in your neighborhood for being kind to animals. Very nice of you to take in the birds and nice of your mom and dad to let you. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi...sometimes when an animal or bird has been mistreated...and a new person has them....they have to have time to settle in...get used to their surroundings...and the people...sometimes if we just leave them alone...they will figure out that we are not going to harm them in any way...regardless of what some folks say...animals are smarter than most folks think they are....and they have feelings too...good luck with your birdies...and I am happy myself that they have a good home....I would love a bird...maybe a parakeet...but hubby is alergic to most everything LOL...so we will be happy with our dog Max and kitten Pickle....hugs....Ora in Lexington

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed the alert for this entry...as for names how bout Sylvester and Tweety??
    Have a great day sweet gal.
    connie

    ReplyDelete